Ginger is a bona-fide rock star (and we’re not talking about Ginger from the Spice Girls). This flowering plant is one of the most widely used flavors in the world – its zesty taste is used to spice up foods and teas, and it can even be eaten alone as a snack. Not only does it taste delicious, but ginger has long been touted for its numerous health benefits: it has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties that fight everything from nausea to Alzheimer’s disease. It should come as no surprise that ginger also boasts impressive benefits when used on your skin. Keep reading to learn more:
GINGER BENEFITS FOR SKIN
• Ginger reduces inflammation: Use of this root will help reduce the appearance of swelling, puffiness, and redness on your skin.
• Ginger aids in cellulite reduction: Ginger contains anti-oxidants, which improve blood circulation and promote cell renewal over areas of dimpled skin. For best results, rub a topical ginger body scub in a circular pattern over areas of cellulite.
• Ginger diminishes scar damage: Do you have stark white scars that stand out from the rest of your skin tone? A dab of ginger over the scars daily will bring the lightened skin color back to a more even hue within a few weeks. This will also work for diminishing the appearance of dark spots, sun damage, and blemishes.
• Ginger fights acne: The root’s antibacterial property kills the bacteria that lead to acne breakouts. Its antiseptic property keeps your skin clean and free of the dirt and bacteria that breeds pimple and blackhead growth.
• Ginger prevents free radical damage: Ginger contains 40 anti-oxidant elements, which means you have a whole army at your disposal fighting free radical damage that prematurely ages your skin, improving blood circulation, promoting collagen production, increasing elasticity, and evening out skin tone.
GINGER BENEFITS FOR HAIR
• Ginger stimulates hair growth: This root is rich in anti-oxidants, which increase blood circulation to the scalp and rejuvenate hair follicles.
• Ginger strengthens hair: It is rich in vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids, which reinforce hair strands for robust growth and a healthy appearance.
• Ginger blocks dandruff: It contains antiseptic properties, which help keep your scalp flake-free.
GINGER BENEFITS FOR YOUR HEALTH
• Ginger is a shield: This simple root has antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties, which go into effect when ginger is applied topically or ingested.
• Ginger is soothing: It is a natural remedy for an upset tummy, cold and flu symptoms, nausea, or bloating. If you are feeling ill, sip on a cup of hot ginger tea for relief.
• Ginger burns fat: It is a metabolism booster that helps increase fat loss. Ingesting the plant also increases feelings of satiety and fullness, which keeps you feeling satisfied longer without over-eating. In place of candy, chew on a little ginger for an afternoon energy boost.
• Ginger heals wounds: It has antiseptic properties and provides effective relief for cuts, wounds, abrasions, burns, and blisters.
Here at Ageless Allure Medispa, ginger is one of the all-natural ingredients we incorporate into our fresh and rejuvenating facial treatments. Check out our website to view all our wonderful facial options, and then call us at 863-292-2317 and make an appointment to spice up your life.